All You Need to Know About Neck Injury Compensation Claims
Neck injuries are fairly commonplace. An accident at your workplace, a car crash, or even a minor slip on a greasy surface may lead to such injuries. However, due to the delicate nature of the neck area, such an injury may bear grave consequences. In a few unfortunate cases, they may also lead to lifelong suffering and loss of wages.
In this guide to neck injury compensation claims, we will understand how such a claim works. We will discuss the compensation you can seek with the help of a reputed neck injury attorney by your side. So, let’s begin.
Eligibility for a Neck Injury Claim
In case of a neck injury, you are entitled to a claim only in the following instance:
- When the opposite party owed you a duty of care
- When the opposite party was negligent in some way
- When your neck injury was a direct consequence of the opposite party’s negligence
Note: If you are wondering, an employer owes all his employees a duty of care, i.e. a duty to keep them safe while at work.
Evidence Needed to Support a Neck Injury Claim
To win neck injury compensation, you will require sufficient evidence that shows that the opposite party was at fault. So, it is important to collect the following evidence:
- Witness information: Your lawyer can present statements of the witnesses to prove your version of the events.
- Photographs: Take sufficient photographs of the accident scene before anything is removed from it.
- Medical evidence: To claim the rightful compensation, you need medical notes and reports from the hospital to show the level of injury. Make sure to immediately visit a medical expert after the injury.
- Accident reports: Document everything from the place of the accident to the number of people present on site. These accident reports will come in handy while proving your claim.
- Camera footage: If possible, try to obtain CCTV footage from the nearest source to show what happened.
Remember, without adequate evidence, your chances of getting rightly compensated will decline.
Compensation You Can Receive for a Neck Injury Claim
To determine the amount of compensation, your chosen attorney will look at two types of damages:
- General damages: This includes the amount of pain and suffering caused by the injury.
- Special damages: This includes lost wages, damaged or destroyed property such as mobile phones, and expenses incurred for the treatment of neck injury.
During the claim filing process, you will have to go through an independent medical assessment. Based on this, a report will be prepared that defines your neck injury details.
Importance of Legal Representation for Neck Injury Claim Settlement
Often, the process of seeking compensation for any kind of personal injury is tricky. Right from gathering evidence to filing heaps of paperwork, it involves various taxing steps. Also, you will have to convince the opposing party’s insurers about the legitimacy of your claims.
With an experienced attorney by your side, the process becomes a lot easier. It also boosts your chances of getting fairly compensated. A good attorney will manage all the negotiations and counter objections raised by the opposing party, thereby increasing your chances of winning.
comments powered by Disqus